Friday 19 August 2016

Haul // Uni | Home

Two weeks tomorrow and I'll be off to Uni, so I've slowly been getting bits ready for when I go. As usual I got a bit carried away today whilst shopping, and bought some bits that aren't even for uni but for my bedroom at home...I love interior design and I can't wait to get my own apartment and house so that I can decorate it! (this is my excuse when I'm asked why I'm buying so much homeware bits...)

Matalan have some lovely homeware bits, so I headed there today to have a wander, and it did not disappoint. Here's what I picked up:


I'm instantly drawn to things that have my initials on...make-up bag, cushion, mug you name it. So this pretty paisley 'C' was right up my street, I like how you can hang it up...however whilst I'm at Uni I think I'll lean it up on my bookshelf. This was also a bargain for only £1.
I also tend to hoard mugs, which doesn't make sense because you can only drink one cup of coffee at a time? I love handmade ceramic mugs that aren't perfect and shiny, but they're usually a bit more pricey, but for £1.50 this hand painted grey mug was mine. And of course the initial mug was mine because I can't help myself. 


I love love love candles and I've got quite a collection in my room. I loved the glass that this candle is in, it would be nice to store make-up brushes or pens in after the candle has burnt out. It also smells lush, orange and bergamot, which will be lovely for autumn. I think this was on sale for £1 or around that price.
I've been looking for a mirror for Uni for a while now, one that I can sit on my desk and do my hair and make-up in. I finally found one that isn't too small but won't take up loads of room either. I love mirrors like this that are on chains or rope that you can hang on a wall. I'll definetley be keeping this for after uni and hanging it up somewhere! This was £6, which I think is really good cause it's a pretty decent size!













I am obsessed with copper, my bedroom at home and at Uni are both going to be full of copper accents. I have a plain white coat hanger like this one for in my bathroom at Uni. But I saw this in the sale for £4 and thought it would be really handy to have on the back of my door to hang jewellery, coats, bags or scarves off. 
I think this could possibly be my first 'uni' related purchase. I saw this super cute jar shot glasses and decided that they were so adorable that I had to have them. I'm not even a fan of shots but they're just too cute not to have! Although they would look cute with succulent plants or flowers in them on a windowsill...so maybe they'll be used for decoration instead! 

I nipped into Aldi to get a bit of shopping and came back with homeware things for Uni...a total me thing to do. Aldi isn't somewhere I'd think to go to look for cute homeware bits, but they had some really cute bits in today that were such a good price.

I love these enamel dishes, I think they're super cute to serve things up in. I wouldn't even know where to look for something like this, so when I saw this pack of 6 today for £6.99 I was quick to pick them up! I think these last for years and years and they'll always look cute, they have a vintage minimal feel to them and I'm just loving them!

I saw a similar copper glass hanging frame like this one on IWOOT a while back but it was around £10-£15 and with moving to Uni I decided not to buy them. I picked two of these up from Aldi today for £2.99 each, so these can stay in my room at home until I move out of halls, for that price it would be rude not to buy them! I can't wait for some picture's I've sent off for to be delivered so I can put them up in my room!
Aldi had a great selection of tins in today and I was torn between this biscuit size tin and a smaller rectangle tin. I decided this would be great for storing bits in and I've got a few smaller rectangle ones already. It's a pretty decent size for £3.99, now I just need to think what I could store in it...


I love Home Bargains, it has great arts and crafts bits, so I nipped in there for some acrylic paint and a few other bits. I saw these adorable glasses with glass bee's around the top. They were only 99p but look so much more expensive, they also had a jug to match, which would be perfect for summer garden parties for homemade cocktails or lemonade!

Anything rose gold and I'm there, so this cute notebook was mine. I'm a bit of a sucker for pretty stationary.  I've got quite a selection of notebooks...that keeps on growing! This was only £1.49 and it's similar to the Moleskin notebooks but for a fraction of the price! I also thought this folder was super cute, it was cheaper than 50p and will be handy to keep and important letters in.
I probably did not need this mason jar glass, but I thought it was very pretty and very cheap so it made it into my basket...at this rate I'll be able to have a drink everyday for 2 weeks in a new glass without doing and washing...and that's not even an exaggeration!

Are any of you off to Uni in September?

love you and leave you
Cassie xo



No comments:

Post a Comment