Sunday 14 August 2016

M.A.C // Lipstick Collection

If you have read any of my previous posts you will already know that my favourite lipsticks, and the only ones that I ever really wear are M.A.C matte's lipsticks, especially those of the nude shade. Over the past couple of years I've slowly built up a small collection, that I keep adding to. I thought I'd show my collection with swatches, as I usually get asked why I have so many nude shades, and are they not just the same colour? 
Velvet Teddy has more of a pink tint to it, I find this is a great colour to wear as an every day lipstick as it's one of the more subtle shades that they do. It is also a similar colour to my lips without anything on.

Whirl is a warm solid brown tone, I wouldn't say that it has a hint of another shade in it compared to some other tones. I think this is great for more of a statement lip. I haven't had this one for very long but I do reach for it quite a lot as it's a lovely shade to wear with bronzed skin and gold eyes.

Persistence is a brown shade that has a dark orange tone to it, compared to Whirl you can tell it's slightly more orange and has a tiny hint of red. I picked this up in London earlier this week so I haven't had it for that long but I think it's a lovely colour and can see me wearing it a lot throughout the year.
Taupe is a light brown and orange shade, compared to Persistence it's definitely more orange and a lighter shade. I've had this for around 2 years now, I think it was the second lipstick that I bought, so there isn't a lot left. I do reach for this colour a lot as it is similar to Velvet Teddy with it being a lighter shade, where Velvet Teddy has a pink tint, this has an orange tint. So I find this colour is great for an everyday lip as well.

Bronze Shimmer is the only lipstick I own that isn't a matte lipstick, this one is a frost lipstick. I haven't worn this a lot, mainly because it got lost for around a year (it was in my shoe cupboard...?). However I think this is great for a statement lip if you pair it up with a brown tone and then wear this in the middle, or blend a brown lipliner around the outside and have this in the centre.

Stone is a colour that I wanted for ages as it was different to the other brown shades that I had. This is definitely a cool brown tone that almost has a grey tint to it. I don't wear this lipstick that often as it's definitely a statement tone for me. 
Damn Glamorous is a bright red that sways more towards pink, I think. This is a lovely colour to wear with black cat flick eyeliner and thick lashes. It has a vintage feel to it, it's not a shade that I wear often as I tend to stick to brown shades. 

Chilli is a red that I do wear more often as it has a brown tone to it. It's a deep red that is different to other colours that I've tried, it's definitely not got a berry tone to it which I find a lot of dark reds have. 

Sin is a dark berry colour that is mostly a purple colour. For me this is definitely a statement lip as I am fairly pale so this washes me out, but not in that fashionable gothic way, I think I must have a very strange pale complexion. I do think that this looks lovely with a bronzed look, this is the lipstick that I have on in my last post.

As you can tell I definetly go for brown tones as I find they suit my complexion. Although I am now on the look out for a dark brown and red shade, I'm thinking Cockney, Dare You, Studded Kiss, Antique Velvet or Spice It Up! So I think a trip to MAC will be in order soon, as I find sometimes they look completely different to what they do online.

What's your go to lipstick?

love you and leave you
Cassie xo

No comments:

Post a Comment