Tuesday 9 August 2016

Travel // A Day In London

Yesterday I had a last minute interview in London, so I booked the cheapest tickets that also left me with enough time. Overall I was in London for a few hours, so it was a pretty mad dash around the big smoke. I have been to London a few times now, and have always wanted to go to Carnaby Street, yet I've never been. So I decided to make that a priority, and I can not believe how close to Oxford Street it is! I wasn't there for long but I'm kind of in love...it's so pretty and a lot less busy compared to Oxford Street and Regent Street!

 Sadly I didn't have ages to explore, so I definitely want to go back soon and have a slow nosey all around Carnaby Street as there are loads of streets that come off of it. So I only saw this area (I don't know what part it is) but from what I saw I'm a fan! 
 There isn't a MONKI near where I live and I'm a fan of their clothes, so I made a bee-line to have a wander around...just so happens that they had a really good sale on that was 3 for 2! I picked up two pairs of trousers and a cropped white shirt. I'll do a separate post on the bits I got and maybe different ways how I'd style them, let me know in the comments if that's something you'd like to see!
 So the M.A.C at Carnaby Street is possibly the biggest one I've been in, I knew what I wanted and was on a tight schedule so I was quickly in and out. I have a slight obsession with their matte lipsticks especially brown and nude tones, and I've had my eye on Persistence for a while, it has more of an orange tone to it which is different to some others I already have.
For ages I've wanted to go to Brighton, mainly because of watching Choccywoccydoodah, and wanting to visit their store. As I was coming out of M.A.C at the back of the store, I spotted their sign, not even knowing that they'd opened in London, I headed straight their way. I love how it's decorated and how the products are displayed, it's quite eccentric and magical, which I really like. A real life Charlie and the Chocolate Factory. I just picked up some of their small chocolate bars, which one of them didn't make it to the photo stage...it was too good not to sample on the train home!
I've wanted a Daily Journal from Urban Outfitters for a while now, especially ready for Uni as I work best when I make to-do lists, which this is perfect for. I originally saw the white marble design, which I adored, but they've sold out now online and it wasn't in the Oxford Street store. I picked up this cute light pink one instead, which I'm still loving. So I'm pretty excited to start using it and organising my thoughts that are whirling around at the moment!
I made a slight detour whilst on Oxford Street to have a wander in & other stories. I always see pretty pictures of their stores and their visual merchandising, so I thought I'd check it out. And it did not disappoint.

 I think when a store's layout is aesthetically pleasing and sets a mood it makes you want to shop more, however this could just be my shopaholic tendencies speaking for me. I'd definitely say to go and have a look around their store, I'll be heading back there when I go to Uni as I was in such a rush yesterday I didn't have the time to look around.
I'm really picky when it comes to perfume. I don't like floral fragrances and overall I just don't like a lot of smells in perfumes. So it's always a good day when I find a smell that I like. And yesterday was a good day! This is the perfect day to day fragrance, fairly subtle but the mixture of wood and citrus is really nice, it kind of reminds me of a cleanser or face product but I'm totally okay with that! It's also a really reasonable price, for 50ml the Eau de Toilette was £26, which for a perfume I think is pretty great. And the Body Mist was £5, I thought this was the perfect size to keep in my bag to freshen up throughout the day!

I hope you enjoyed this post and please comment below on thoughts about the separate MONKI post!

love you and leave you
Cassie xo


No comments:

Post a Comment