Monday 1 August 2016

Favourites // July

It's that time again for my monthly favourites and what a strange month July has been, we had an unbearable week of red hot sun, and some rain to follow. I personally can not believe that July has gone already, I now only have one month until I move away to Uni...scary yet exciting! Without any unnecessary rambling, here are my July favourites...
My skin hasn't been on its A-game this past month, the humid weather hasn't helped. My main skincare problem is my pores, so I focus on products especially to target pores. The charcoal peel off mask is great to really clean out your pores and give your skin a deep cleanse, I warn you...It's slight torture to peel off! I've used this twice now, around once a week.

The L'Oreal masks are fairly new I believe, they're still on offer for £5 in Boots as they've only just come out. I decided to go with the red clay mask, as it exfoliates your skin and helps to brighten it. I tend to use this around 3 times a week, I leave it on for around 10 minutes and then wash it off. 

I find it hard to find an exfoliating daily scrub that isn't too harsh on my skin but also something that isn't too gentle. The yes to tomatoes exfoliator is a great consistency, it has lots of small grains in it to scrub your face, but it doesn't feel like your scrubbing half your skin off either. 

The bareMinerals exfoliator has been great as well, it's a powder that you shake on damp hands and then rub it into a damp face, I find it improves the appearance of your pores, so I usually use this in the morning.
I think it's probably a mixture of these products and not just one in general, that has improved my skins appearance. 
 I finally got my hands on the Hoola bronzer by benefit, I got this from Boots at the start of July, It's one of there mini versions that they do, I think it was around £9. I thought I could try it out  before buying the larger version. I've been using it everyday as it's a great colour for contouring and the square brush it comes with is great for your cheekbones. I'll definitely buy the larger version once this has ran out!

I picked up this soft matte lip cream by NYX a while ago, and I have been reaching for it a lot. It's a lovely texture that you don't really feel on your lips. I have NYX's liquid suede, and I'm not the biggest fan, I always feel like my lips are really dry and coated, whereas this one feels soft and is almost a whipped texture.

I have had the Collection moisture lip butter for a while now, but I've been using it a lot this month, especially when the weather has been warmer. It's really nourishing and light on your lips, perfect for Summer.

Barry M nail polishes are one of my favourites, really good quality for how inexpensive they are. I am obsessed with anything rose gold or copper, so this nail polish is right up my street! It wears really well because of the texture. It's also a lovely shade for summer, not too pink.
I got these sunglasses from the ASOS Outlet for £3 and I'm in love, the shape is very flattering and I love how they are white on the top and slowly fade into more of a tortoise shell at the bottom. They're also really good quality and I've been turning to these out of all my sunglasses this month.

I adore the sugar crush scent, and it's perfect for hot summer days. Soap & Glory need to make a candle in this scent, I think I'd buy it in bulks. So fruity and sweet, I looooove it!
I have been loving chokers this month, especially these four. They are all from New Look, who have a great selection. I find they instantly add a bit of sass to your outfit. I've been pairing a couple up as well which works really well. I've been reaching for these recently if I've wanted to wear a necklace, or if I'm just wearing a plain tee. I think I need to expand my selection, so let me know some brands that do some super cool chokers!

I hope July has been a good month for you all.

love you and leave you,
Cassie xo

No comments:

Post a Comment